Printer ink is extremely costly. It is pricier than the printer cost. Printer ink costs 2X premium champagne, so you will desire to use each drop.
Visit needmoreink.com to buy printer ink supplies in bulk at affordable rates. Let’s discuss some techniques to maximize the printer ink used to its last drop from the cartridge.
Proven printing habits to prolong ink cartridge life
Avoid bold text and large fonts
Bold text and large fonts need more ink. Slim down the text size and save ink. New Courier and Arial are a couple of ink-saving fonts. Ecofont uses 20% less ink as a small white circle is included within every character.
Play with printer settings
The factory default setting is ‘guzzle ink’, so you need to change the program. Update the default setting and set print quality suitable to your needs
- to draft
- to printing in grayscale for preventing color prints
- to document options for multiple page printing
Proofread before printing
Check the documents to be printed carefully to save on error and reprinting.
Print what is essential
If you have to print a website recipe or content and don’t need the images or ads that are there on the page then visit the online website. Enter the URL and delete the ink-guzzling extras with a few clicks.
To avoid errors like incomplete printing because it did not fit the page, you need to first use the feature ‘print preview’ before hitting the print button. You can catch and correct such problems to avoid wastage of ink.
Check for clogs
If the cartridge does not print as it should or the page shows smears and streaks ensure that the nozzle is not clogged. Run the printer’s print-head cleaning feature to confirm this. It will wick any ink that is dried and settled over print-head nozzles because of the long intervals between printing tasks.
Save documents rather than print
Save documents digitally, if possible to reduce the printing process.
Tips to maximize last ink drop used from the cartridge
Ignore the warning of ink running low because a test has revealed that the cartridge holds 8% to 45% ink when the message flashes. So, try the steps given below to get the remaining ink from the cartridge.
- Streaky prints indicate that you need to clean the print head and eliminate dried ink established.
- When print look faded, it can be because the nozzles are clogged. Flip the cartridge or shake it well to release the ink.
- Blow the cartridge nozzle with a hairdryer. The heat thins out ink blockages and allows the remaining to come out.
- Use a paper towel to clear dried ink settled on the nozzle. This allows the remaining to come out.
- Some ink cartridges have an ink level detector chip, which sends an empty cartridge warning but too early. It may not allow printing unless the cartridge is changed. To resolve this dilemma cover the chip sensor with dark electrical tape and the printing restarts.
Always make sure that there is a spare cartridge within reach!